Choir/Music Program Websites
  • I wonder if many of you have websites for your choir and/or music programs etc... Do you use Facebook to promote? Twitter? What about online calendar utilities and such (like Google Calendar)? The bottom line is that I wonder if folks would be willing to share their experience and perhaps even some links in these areas. I have been experimenting with my own music program's web presence HERE and would love to see other people's work to perhaps enable some cross-pollination for such things. As is the case with my program (and I would assume with your own programs) you haven't the funds to hire anyone for these types of things and so have been learning how to build them on your own. What's out there?

Cheers
    Thanked by 1donr
  • Carl DCarl D
    Although it's dormant since I've changed parishes, my website is still up at chant.dierschow.com. That site is primarily for use by the schola itself, although I invited others to check it out as a sample of what we sang. The music and lyrics are behind a password in order to protect the copyright.

The parish's website has an introductory page to explain what the schola was about - that's targeted at prospective members.

And, of course, I continue to build music.dierschow.com as the repository for recordings of the schola and other groups.
  • I built www.sjnmusic.com using the affordable MAC program Sandvox which is very easy to use.
  • francis
    i am

www.RomanCatholicSacredMusic.com

not for the faint of heart
  • veromaryveromary
    Thanks for starting this thread, it's good to see how other choir directors use the internet. Capella Music looks great! They're all pretty impressive.
    I have a wordpress site repleatur.net which I initially had as a buddypress site, but the "buddy" side didn't really catch on. Most of our members are on facebook, so that remains a good way to notify people and even try catch more volunteers. I'm having a go at oxwall - sort of like a little baby facebook that seems easy enough for people to sign up quickly, though no way to upload mp3s, so still need an external site for anything like that.
    The Google calendar is worth thinking about too.
  • lmassery
    My place of employment has a decent website that I've tapped into. www.sjohio.org/music the password is catholic