Anglican Version of CMAA?
  • (deleted)
  • The Association of Anglican Musicians is strictly an Episcopalian organization in which membership is by recommendation of current members. No aspect of the current organization could reasonably be termed conservative, orthodox, or traditional.
    Thanked by 1CHGiffen
  • Episcopalians might ought to stop calling themselves Anglo-Catholic, for that doesn't exist any more. The real Anglo-Catholics are those in the Ordinariate of the Chair of St Peter.

That is your view. There are of course other views.

-- A real Anglo-Catholic
  • (deleted)
  • That justice be done:
    Scott's comment was in response to one that I had made and which I deleted after considering that it was mean-spirited and repented of it. Few people can, I think, appreciate the angst that often accompanies being Anglo-Catholics in a church which daily becomes increasingly more like Abbot Jonathan's description of the AAM. For those who continue to be called to witness to Catholic faith and worship within Anglican fields one can have nothing but encouragement and respect (and charity), while not disavowing certitude in the path that one has taken.
    Thanked by 1CHGiffen
  • chonakchonak
    Thanks, MJO. I too understood Scott to be responding to a statement by MJO, which Scott quoted, and not to Abbot Jonathan's question. I hope this helps remove any -- what's the right word? -- misprision of offense.

• (deleted)
  • chonakchonak
    Is there perhaps an association in the UK suitable for participation by orthodox/conservative Anglo-Catholic musicians?