Who has a Lilypond template for organ accompaniment?
  • I'm looking for a Lilypond template to typeset organ accompaniments that look like the ones provided by the USCCB:

The tricky features are:
    - text between the staves
    - stemless notation
    - neumes close together

If someone would like to share an existing template or create a new one, I would be much obliged.
  • BenBen
    I would also love this, so if anyone has it, please post publicly.
  • igneusigneus
    The third feature is THE tricky one - I don't know any clean sollution.
  • igneusigneus
    Attached is the example above arranged in LilyPond (without the feature "neumes close together"); as the forum doesn't allow me to post .ly files, please check the template out here:
    https://gist.github.com/3657434
    Thanked by 1smvanroode
  • Thanks, Igneus. This is a good start!
  • CHGiffenCHGiffen
    LilyPond (.ly) files, just like TeX (.tex), LaTeX (.ltx), GABC (.gabc), and several other kinds of files are nothing more than text files. So, before uploading, just rename the .ly file with a .txt extension ... or make the extension .ly.txt (so downloaders know it is secretly a LilyPond file). Once downloaded, the extension can be changed back to .ly.
  • jpal
    Agree that the third feature is difficult, because as far as I know it can't be automated. You would have to manipulate each note's horizontal position manually. It's pretty annoying.

Here is an alleluia I put together last year. The finished product looked like this.

Jon