St. Noël Chabanel appears at CMAA Colloquium! (several years ago)
  • Many of you knew me by my former username of "JMO" — I am the creator of the St. Noël Chabanel Psalms.

I was so excited to see St. Chabanel at the Colloquium in Chicago several years ago!!!

• BenBen
    Ah ha! I was wondering where you had went. Why the username change?
  • Unfortunately, with that stain on the concrete to me it kind of looks like O'HABANEL.
  • Adam WoodAdam Wood
    Change of username.... very confusing.
    I think I responded to a post of yours recently with a correction (which was predicated on the fact that I misunderstood what you were getting at).
    If I had known it was you, I would have assumed you knew what you were talking about.

So... I dunno- maybe it's a good lesson for me.
  • It was time for a change . . . for practical, spiritual, and other reasons.
    Thanked by 3Adam Wood Ben CHGiffen
  • chonakchonak
    Really, P.O. Like Adam said.

If you want to change your username, don't create a separate account, but contact me and I can make the change so that all your old posts will show up under the new name.
    Thanked by 1CHGiffen
  • Ummm....I have made a concerted effort to suggest ways of improving the tone. On other Catholic music boards, this one has a reputation for obscurity and hostility.

Really, a guy posts a picture to show his own personal joy, and we get all this stuff in repsonse? Really? I myself keep forgetting that my name does not appear on my posts, the way it does on all the other (of the very few) discussion boards I am on.

I have to explore your Psalm settings, Paul, and you reminded me to look, and thank you for them. They certainly have gotten rave reviews.

Everyone else--keep it in personal messages, please!!!!

Kenneth
  • Adam WoodAdam Wood
    Kenneth:

"Paul" is not just a pseudonym for another poster formerly known as JMO.
    Many of us know Mr. Ostrowski either personally or professionally, and he's a somewhat well known name in Traditionalist Catholic Music generally.

Obscure? Possible. (Although the rate at which this forum shows up in Google Results for all sorts of Sacred Music queries is pretty astounding).

Hostile? I don't know about all that. Particularly in this instance. A lot of us know Jeff (JMO / Paul), so it's a lot more like "Hey, when did you start wearing pants to work?" then it is like "You awful pants-wearing heathen!"

I guess you could argue that the group here is a little insiderish- but I don't know how that can be avoided when a group starts to feel like friends. Even most of the seeming "hostility" is usually evidenced between people who really do like and respect each other.

Thanked by 2Gavin CHGiffen
  • Adam WoodAdam Wood
    (except for any hostility directed at Charles in CenCA..... nobody here likes that guy)
  • CharlesW
    I don't know him, so what's his real name? Is he in a musician's protection program to keep NPM assassins from getting to him?
  • I'm just saying, from an outsider perspective, it looked a little overboard.

I once posted something just to share some videos for Lent, and got a whole flame on whether it was IN Lent or OF Lent.

Kenneth
  • I once posted something just to share some videos for Lent, and got a whole flame on whether it was IN Lent or OF Lent.

I actually remember that. As a matter of fact, both are used, in the very best books.
    Thanked by 1amindthatsuits