Pilgrimage of Hope
  • OlbashOlbash
    www.pilgrimageofhope.com

Many wonderful developments have occurred in the planning of this event since my last posting, so I wanted to share them with you today. Several recitals have been added to the program, including:

* Boston Boy Choir, singing works of Schubert, Franck, Langlais, & more
    * Five Mystical Songs of R. Vaughan WIllams, which I will sing accompanied by Mark Husey on organ
    * Works of Poulenc, Langlais, & Pinkham, for voice and organ, sung by the venerable "incantu" of CMAA board fame!
    * The Beacon Brass playing works by Bach, Debussy, Telemann & more
    * An exciting all-Bach recital by John Dunn, recently retired head of the Boston Archdiocesan Choir School
    * Fred MacArthur plays chant-based works of Titcomb, Callahan, & Nancy Faxon, each preceded by a schola singing the chant upon which each piece is based
    * Mark Husey playing Langlais & Durufle, as well as one of his legendary improvisations on a submitted theme
    * "Magnificat Through the Ages" concert, featuring 50-voice combined choirs of The Seraphim Singers and Musica Sacra, with the Orchestra of Emmanuel Music, performing Magnificats of Byrd, Schutz, Part, Monteverdi, Walmisley, and (drum roll, please) J. S. Bach!

The music for Mass on both days will include Gregorian propers for introit and communion, and everything from chant and polyphony to Langlais & Vierne for the ordinaries. Somebody pinch me!
  • incantuincantu
    This is looking like "A Pilgrimage of Langlais." And I thought I was being somewhat original, having collected the individual movements of his "Trois Prieres" in three different countries. Ah well...
  • PaixGioiaAmorPaixGioiaAmor
    At first I thought this was going to be a diocese of Cleveland reference; our retired bishop called everyone in the diocese to join him on a "pilgrimage of hope" on the day of his consecration - the theme continued for 25 years until his retirement in 2006.