More Advanced Alleuia Verses
  • BenBen
    Does anyone know if there is more alleluia verses like this in english? So much better than a psalm tone, but not too hard either. I really like the idea.

http://www.ccwatershed.org/media/pdfs/10/06/14/14-49-50_0.pdf
  • chonakchonak
    I haven't looked, but there are some works of Fr. Weber hosted on the CMAA site.
    Thanked by 2Ben E_A_Fulhorst
  • Msgr. Martin Hellriegel selected several of the most beautiful and most accessible Alleluias from the Liber. We would sing the verse in English on the corresponding psalm tone. The people on hearing the intonation would sing out the Alleluia with great gusto, the cantor or choir would sing the verse, then all would repeat the Alleluia.
  • dad29
    Or you could obtain a copy of Rossini's psalm-tone Propers. He uses about 5 Alleluia melodies in there which are eminently learn-able; just sing the versicle to the psalm-tone of the Alleluia.
  • Burt's Anglican Use Gradual uses the Alleluia from its predecessor, The English Gradual of Palmer et al. It is lovely but not difficult. My Anglicans belt it out weekly when the Alleluia is part of the Proper. (And occasionally we sing the psalm verse in harmony, it's so simple.)