Yes the OF has an Offertory Proper! A letter I was forwarded. + EF, Matt Curtis, Kevin Allen, & more
  • RagueneauRagueneau
    Here is nice letter I was forwarded.

Fathers and friends,

Have you seen this hymnal?

The music you hear being sung is not only recently composed by a “living” composer, Kevin Allen, proving that beautiful sacred music is still possible, but thanks to technology, and an incredible talent, it is sung by one person, Matthew J. Curtis!

It even has the Sung Propers in English, including the Offertory Antiphon! Yes, there is an Offetory Antiphon in the Ordinary Form of the Roman Rite (but a strange rubric indicates that it is only done if it is “sung”.)

As an example of its incredible potential, this hymnal is going to be used at an Extraordinary Form Mass on August 15. Not only does it contain the two hymns we will use as a Processional and Recessional, The God Whom Earth and Sea and Sky and Hail, Holy Queen, but it containes the entire Missa Cum Jubilo, Credo III and Salve Regina. The congregation will have all of this with them to sing the Mass in the EF! Talk about “actuoso participatio” to quote St. Pius X!

And no more THROW AWAY paper missalettes destroying trees and the environment!

From their blurb:

750 pages long • Complete Readings for all Sundays and Major Feasts (Years ABC) • First Hymnal ever printed to contain complete texts for the Sung Propers • More than a hundred pages of Mass Settings (Roman Missal, 3rd Edition) • Complete texts in Latin and English for Ordinary & Extraordinary Forms of the Mass • Beautiful Hymns, including more than 100 pages of Communion Hymns • Chabanel Responsorial Psalms, Garnier Alleluias, Motets, and much more!

Of course, it is second to none for the OF, for which it was designed.

Oh, you won’t believe the prices!!!

Can you believe it? Only $10 more than Celebrate in Song!

God bless.
    Thanked by 1CHGiffen
  • I stand in open admiration of this combination of high production values paired with high-quality liturgical music. Bravo!
    Thanked by 1Ragueneau