What is happening with the "Sacred Music" Journal?
  • Ted
    Would anyone know if "Sacred Music" is still being published? The last published issue I know of is Fall 2011.
    Thanks.
  • Kathy
    They said something at Colloquium about being behind in production, and about a plan in place to catch up, spearheaded by Dr. Jenny Donelson, the newly-appointed CMAA Academic Liaison.
    Thanked by 1CHGiffen
  • Jeffrey TuckerJeffrey Tucker
    Sorry we are late but we are catching up!
  • IanWIanW
    Oh, that's good. At the back of mind I thought I might not have paid up!
    Thanked by 1Felicity
  • Oh, good! I had been wondering whether I'd somehow fallen off the mailing list.
    Thanked by 1R J Stove
  • CharlesW
    "Sacred Music" became extinct at the convergence of Saturn, and the NPM convention. A magnetic pulse passed through the earth at exactly the point of the keynote speech, aligned with Saturn, and caused wide-spread climate change. It wasn't a pretty picture. ;-)

I wondered if I forgot to renew my subscription, too. LOL.
  • Now how many here didn't know that Jeffrey Tucker is, among the thousands of other things he dabbles in, an avowed anarchist? Cool, huh?
    The dapper gent also champions the general drift of libertariansim, dear to this strange heart.
    So, don't be worried on account of the Journal! In good time.....
  • They are coming soon! Your patience will be richly rewarded - I promise!
  • Your patience will be richly rewarded - I promise!

And how! I am a newcomer (2012) to CMAA and its journal. My soul soared when I read Fr. John-Mark Missio's The Proper Chants for the Entrance, Offertory and Communion Procession (Winter 2011) and Dom Alcuin Reid's Sacred Music and Actual Participation in the Liturgy (Spring 2012).

Specifically, I knew nothing of Mass propers or of the Church's teaching on the importance of liturgical interiority. I only had a vague sense that something was amiss at Mass. I look forward to passing on these important aspects of the Liturgy as I direct a small schola and teach RCIA here in northern Minnesota.

Thank you to all involved in publishing these nourishing and soul-reviving perspectives. I will be renewing my membership for 2013.
    Thanked by 1gregp
  • I am unaware of what the 'sacred journal" is. Can someone tell me what the journal is about? All choral/organ music suggestions? or a specific genre of choral music? I would like some details. It sounds very interesting!!
  • As best I remember this happened about 15 years ago too. Part of the catch-up back then involved the issue of some double numbers. Or is my memory inventing things?

• IanWIanW
    Just dropped through the letter box.
  • IanWIanW
    And it's excellent.