Missing text/misprint in "Direction of Gregorian Chant"
  • David AndrewDavid Andrew
    I'm glossing through Cardine's book "Direction of Gregorian Chant" and stumbled upon a really obvious misprint on pg. 10 at the paragraph marked 2. Interruption of the sound. The paragraph begins, "individual singer, especially . . ."

Anyone know what the missing chunk of text is?

(By the way, I'm sorry if this was already covered in a thread. The "search" feature for the forum is really clunky now, and unless I'm not seeing it, there doesn't appear to be any way to do an "advanced search." If you have that little bit of info, I'd appreciate that, too!)
  • Carl DCarl D
    When website search functions don't do it for you, go to Google and try this:

site:musicasacra.com/forum "what I'm searching for"

Google knows all.
    Thanked by 1Ruth Lapeyre
    I have scoured the interweb for an answer to this question, and haven't found anything.

Please, if anyone here has a copy of the book "Direction of Gregorian Chant" by Cardine (published by Solesmes) either in English or another language that contains the missing text and could "fill in the blanks" for me, I would be grateful.

Thanks, all.
    I'm going to bump this one last time, then I'm going to assume that I have digital bad breath or virtual body odor and am therefore a social internet pariah.

Certainly there's some kind member of this forum who has the info I'm seeking.
  • DougS
    Maybe that person is on vacation.
  • chonakchonak
    Well, not that many of us are likely to own a copy of Cardine's "Direction of Gregorian Chant". but it has been mentioned on the forum before. If you don't get a response here, you might have to resort to seeking another copy (or a French-language copy?) via inter-library loan.
  • Mark M.Mark M.
    David, I checked, and the book (in English) is available to me through interlibrary loan. I'd be happy to pursue it if you want.