Text all scrunched together in Worship IV
  • RagueneauRagueneau
    Without trying to cause "fighting" or "controversy," has anyone noticed that they really scrunched the hymn texts together in GIA Worship IV ?

There is very little room between the lines. I am . . . puzzled by this choice.

Any reactions?

• CharlesW
    I am over GIA, especiallly since they ruined the Worship series of hymnals. A plague on them and on their house.
  • marajoymarajoy
    Do you mean scrunched vertically or horizontally?
    If horitzontally, it seems fine to me. What would you have had them do? Decrease the font size? Make the line only 2 measures? Make the page bigger?
    Perhaps a bit too vertically scrunched. But I don't think that makes it harder to read/sing.
    (edit: oh, you did mean vertically.)
  • francis
    typesetters need to save space... partly a cost issue i bet. keep hymnal as small as possible so it doesn't get to heavy is another issue i bet.

IMHO, a very poor choice of font and not set well. loox amateurish to me.
  • Liam
    It's just wrong, in a variety of ways. They were trying to save space but avoid reducing the font size. It just doesn't work well. A smaller font size with properly spaced lines and a better font would have been a more readable choice. They put their B team on designing this.