Lectionary discrepancy?
  • chonakchonak
    Does anyone know if there is a list of known discrepancies in the published US Lectionary?

I found an inconsistency today in my hand missals, in both the MTF and DSP editions, so I wonder if it goes back to the Lectionary.

Two Sundays have the same responsorial psalm text, but a word is omitted in one of them.

Ordinary Time, 4th Sunday, Year A: "The LORD keeps faith forever..."
    Advent, 3rd Sunday, Year A: "The LORD God keeps faith forever..."

• BruceL
    Wouldn't be surprising. One of the refrains (something like "the lord is king") somewhere in the year has an identical Latin original, but different translations by a few words...I always think the logical explanation is that the translator was getting close to the bottom of his bottle of wine...or ran out of coffee.
  • rich_enough
    Not sure this is what you're looking for, but this website has a lot of useful charts and tables comparing different editions of the lectionary (English 1970/1998; USA / Canada, etc.) One of the most interesting including a fascinating analysis of the discrepancies between the official Latin lectionary (1982) and the current English one (1998) - including some outright errors. I don't think it lists differences within the English lectionary like the one you mention, though.
  • chonakchonak
    Thanks; I'll drop Fr Just a note to see if he has collected the sort of information I'm looking for.
  • The Chabanel Psalms website often takes note of the errors, for instance:

Error from this coming Sunday