Name that (Psalm) tune!
  • music123
    For those of you who are looking for a chance to show off your knowledge of current liturgical music....

My pastor has requested a specific Psalm tune for July 29, the 17th Sunday in Ordinary Time. The Psalm for the day is Ps. 145, and the antiphon is "The hand of the Lord feeds us; he answers all our needs." What he sang for me sounded very familiar, but I cannot find it in any of our usual sources.

The tune goes like this: (underscores represent length of notes)

sol_ sol_ mi fa sol___ fa_ mi_ re___ re mi__ do la_ do_do_ (The "la" is in the lower octave.)

Anyone???

Thank you!

Julianna
  • BenBen
    Is this it?

It's part of Michel Guimont's Lectionary Psalms, published by GIA.

If you own some GIA hymnals, you can print off the same settings with verses from the revised grail psalms (see the last page of this PDF).
  • music123
    Ben,

That's not it, but it's close! What my pastor sang was in major, and the notes were slightly different but with the same rhythm.

Thanks,

Julianna
  • Heath
    Julianna, I know this piece . . . but darn if I can remember from where.

I remember the ending slightly different, but it's the same; I'll try to rack my brain.

Gelineau, perhaps?
  • music123
    Heath,

It's not Gelineau, or not from the book I have anyhow (Grail/Gelineau Lectionary Psalms from GIA). Again, same rhythm as the one in there, though!