Is the spam-block necessary?
  • ryandryand
    I'm trying to post the Communion accompaniment in the SEP thread, but I now have to wait 5 minutes because I tried to post twice within 60 seconds. Being that I am running late, I can't wait that long, and now its going to be 3-4 hours before I'm back to post it for everyone.

We've had plenty of spam in spite of this "block," so can we just get rid of it please? This is not the first time its done this to me while trying to post multiple items at once.
  • chonakchonak
    First, sorry for the inconvenience. I'll change the threshold to 4 comments in 60 seconds, with a 2-minute delay.

But believe me, this forum does not get plenty of spam. Unguarded forums and blogs get hundreds of spam postings a day.

The blog server I run at stblogs.org gets automated spam attempts several times a day, with hundreds, even thousands, of attempts - enough to slow down the server and make it unusable, if I didn't have filters in place to block the spam, and other programs in place to detect the load and block the automated attempts.
    Thanked by 1marajoy