Thank You
  • Thank you
  • benedictgal
    With all due respect, I don't think that we are allowed to sing the words of the Offertory, as only the priest is supposed to do that. Furthermore, since we have the revised Roman Missal, the text is slightly different.
    Thanked by 1marajoy
  • francis
    Fr

There is an entirely new set of propers that can be sung during the offertory (which is prescribed as the first choice in the GIRM for the Offertory) as composed by Adam Bartlett which would be the best choice if you don't use the official Vatican book of music for the liturgy which is free online. Would that interest you?
  • Thank you all for your replies...but I am looking for that specific piece of music for use at our parish. Any guidance at all to find this Folk Music piece would be appreciated. Thanks
  • Charles in CenCA
    Fr.,
    As a pre-emptive, there is no one, NO ONE of whom I'm aware, that is more supportive of the discretionary use of the guitar as a serviceable instrument at virtually any OF and particular EF Masses than I. That said, you are barking up the wrong tree here at the CMAA forum with your request. Any compliance with providing comfort and aid to a request, such as yours offered without qualification, circumstance, or authenticity of need, that is abjectly contrary to liturgical propriety, would constitute a serious breach of ethics, IMO. Whether or not a guitar, an accordian, hurdy gurdy or a Wicks Pipe Organ was the instrument of accompaniment is irrelevant. The tacet endorsement of a congregation institutionally "endowed" to co-opt and mimic celebrational orations is repugnant in this more informed era of orthopraxis, Deo gratias.
    I sincerely hope that your request is either some sort of gest, or a misguided, nostaligic request of emotional longing.
    You will find no more of a supporter of eclectic programming on this forum than I (besides Adam Wood, perhaps.) But this request is, at best, suspect.
  • Moderator: Please delete my account. I will search for another group to posit my request. Thank You.
  • chonakchonak
    It might be worth asking your diocesan office of worship whether it's appropriate to have the congregation sing that.
    Best wishes.
  • francis
    Fr

Don't be rash. We are here to get to know you, and possibly, to understand your request. Charles is very forthright and honest, as we all try to be, but we treasure your company far more than your search.