Adoremus Hymnal missing pages...
  • WendiWendi
    I was wondering if anyone else has had problems with the new Adoremus hymnal. We used it this morning and pages 581-589 were simply missing. I haven't checked the rest of the hymnal yet, but I did want to ask here.
  • BachLover2BachLover2
    Hello, Wendi. This was discussed here: http://www.musicasacra.com/forum/discussion/5461/
  • WendiWendi
    Great thanks. I couldn't find that information when I looked earlier. Which is more about my tiredness than the forum.
  • WGS
    When the Adoremus Hymnal was being developed, there was a consideration of printing hymnals with three progressive levels of inclusion:

1 - minimal version for use in the pew - must have hymns
    2 - extended version for use by the congregation or choir - probably should have hymns
    3 - with everything useful for the choir and choir director - everything you might need

I have just made up the above descriptions for those printed versions, but the concept was for each individual hymn number to carry through for the printed edition of all three levels. It seems we are all looking at Version #2. That would account for gaps in the sequence of hymn numbers.
  • WendiWendi
    Thanks again. I'm on the hymnal committee at church. Knowing that this was purposeful puts Adoremus further down my personal list. I think too many of our parishioners (especially the seasonal ones) would find this extremely irritating.
  • Bobby Bolin
    In my accompaniment version of Worship IV, there is one psalm that is around 30 pages out of place. I don't recall which off hand, but the number was in the 50s.