Choir Locations
  • I'm thinking of relocating, and am trying to find cities where Gregorian/Polyphonic choirs are singing the liturgy. Does anyone know of a national US directory of choirs?
  • Carl DCarl D
    I seem to recall that at one point we were assembling a Google Map of this kind of thing - whatever happened to that?
  • chonakchonak
    There is a directory on-line, though I dare say it is far from complete.

CORRECTION: It looks like the Frappr map service we were formerly using for the directory is defunct, so that link won't work. Maybe someone can re-create the map using another service.

For antinancy:
    Perhaps if you mention particular places, people can suggest choirs in the area.
  • Carl DCarl D
    Ask and ye shall receive! Thanks, Richard.
  • Carl DCarl D
    Hmm, doesn't seem to be working, on any platform. Probably something stopped working ages ago and nobody noticed. Would people be up for starting a Google Maps version of this and populating it again?
  • chonakchonak
    A map interface looks fancy, but is it all that useful? Maybe a spreadsheet of locations would be as good.
  • IanWIanW
    Here's an example from elsewhere, complete with map. The list includes a section for 'overseas friends'. It might interest you to see 3 US friends there. Also, the comment on the map page: "The world map started by The Church Music Association of the USA, to which scholas could add themselves, seems to have disappeared. Oh dear!"

ps the list includes my own Schola, which some might think of as a hopeless cause.