which missal for a newly ordained deacon
  • francis
    I am considering this one...

http://www.theologicalforum.org/product.asp?ci=25&pi=446

do you all have any suggestions/experience with the new missals available and which one would you recommend?
  • That's the one I would buy as a hand missal for use 'in the pews'.
    Will the deacon eventually need an altar edition?
  • chonakchonak
    I blogged about it here and posted a few photos (click on the images to see them in full size).
  • francis
    Holy Shopping Bag, Chonak! A church IN THE MALL???!!!!!! Does the sacred music waft through Dillards and Gamestop?

I didn't get an impression if you 'liked' the Missal from your article. Did I miss it?
  • francis
    By the way... does it have the gospel acclamation for each day? typically not, and it is frustrating to find it!
  • chonakchonak
    Yes, here in the Boston area, we have chapels in two malls in Danvers and Boston, and one next to a mall in Brockton. There are also chapels at the the Boston Harbor waterfront, in the downtown shopping district, one near Fenway Park, and at Logan Airport. There was formerly a chapel at South Station, "Our Lady of the Railways", but it was removed decades ago.

And yes, the missal does include daily gospel acclamations.

Another missal to consider is the set from Pauline Books: a relatively small Sunday book and a fatter weekday book.
  • francis
    i dont suspect there does not exist any of the handhelds that include the chants eh?