We need to be honest. — Hymns / Cantors / Organist / Special Scores
  • RagueneauRagueneau
    Friends,

If we're honest, I feel we must admit that (right or wrong) our Church organists often "double" as Cantors at Mass (out of necessity).

On account of this, all 200 hymns in the Vatican II Hymnal are being offered in a special format.

When all the scores are completed, they will be sold in a spiral-bound book. Until then, the scores can be downloaded and printed for free:

Special Organist / Cantor Scores

Click here to download the scores that have been completed so far.
  • Thank you! THANK YOU!!!!!!!! This will prove quite helpful indeed.
    Thanked by 1Ragueneau
  • Thank you!!!!
    Thanked by 1Ragueneau
  • matthewjmatthewj
    Ostrowski, stop being so lazy and sleeping three hours per night. Get back to work and re-harmonize every verse so that one can play the organ, cantor, and have six different harmonizations for O God Our Help in Ages Past (and every other hymn) - one for each verse.
  • I have to definitely say, thank you!

I have been stuck in this situation several times, and it stinks to have to use OCP's, let's fit 50 verses between the treble and bass. Makes good organists cringe, as well as subject our playing to, frequently improvising and making mistakes.

God Bless you guys!
    Thanked by 1Ragueneau
  • RagueneauRagueneau
    Thanks for the encouragement!

I added a bunch more yesterday, but we still have a ways to go.
  • I have to also commend you guys, for making the digital pdf's available for those of us that like to use tablets and ipads. I think your the only company that has done this thus far. OCP, GIA, WLP will only supply them on per song/hymn bases. Thats a bummer, because then you have to go to the trouble of high speed scanning entire accompaniment books, at the risk of a few pages sticking together.

Thanks for all the hard work!
    Thanked by 1Ragueneau
  • CGM
    Jeff, you've heard it before, but it bears repeating:

You and your work are a true - and astounding - gift to the Church.
    May God continue to bless you.
    Thanked by 1Ragueneau