Churches in Traverse City/Gaylord Michigan
  • PaixGioiaAmorPaixGioiaAmor
    Does anyone work in or near Traverse City, Gaylord, or points in between?

What churches there have pipe organs and do you think I could reach out to to perform a recital during the summer?

Does the cathedral in Gaylord have a pipe organ?
  • john m
    This is a pretty late response, but...

St. Mary's Cathedral in Gaylord has a 2m Gabriel Kney organ in the nave and a 1m, I believe of the same maker, in the Blessed Sacrament chapel.

I believe at least one of the three parishes in TC has a a pipe organ but I am not sure which.

St. Francis in Petoskey has an Estey, rebuilt with two consoles by Kellogg of Grand Rapids.

• Immaculate Conception in Traverse City:
    http://www.immaculatetc.org/organ.php
  • TCJ
    Cedar, a tiny town twenty minutes northwest of Traverse City, has a small pipe organ. That's the only church I've been to up there that's close to Traverse City. They also have the EF (only church in the diocese that does, to my knowledge). I was going to say I'd heard one of the churches in Traverse City has a pipe organ, but I see someone beat me to that.

Also, the Carmelite monastery has a decent pipe/digital organ, but I'm sure they would NOT let you do a recital since they're cloistered.

When do you intend on being up there? I just returned from there two days ago.

EDIT: Just saw the date of the original post. I'm guessing if there was a recital, it happened already. If it did, when and where?