Apology re: Hymn Tune Introits
  • Kathy
    Just a quick note in response to a thread that I'm unable to find just now, in which someone asked whether there would be Hymn Tune Introits ready in time for Holy Week. I'm sorry but I've been just swamped, not only as a DM but as a student, and I haven't had a chance to take the focused time it takes to "versify" the texts for Holy Week. I hope to be back in gear for Ascension and the following solemnities, and plan to finish the project with Chuck Giffen, to include his beautiful settings with Psalms.

Fortunately there are many options for other settings--just can't quite find the time just now to do these. I am sorry.
  • CHGiffenCHGiffen
    Kathy, you're not the only one swamped, and I'm sure all of us understand and wish you the best. For my part, I've been lax with readying the Introit for Holy Thursday, which I'll try to finish and post by Monday, if not tomorrow (I've had a dress rehearsal today for a concert tomorrow). On the other hand, I've been going over many hymn tunes for possible harmonization!
  • canadashcanadash
    I for one would like to thank you for your projects. It has been a great way to ease my choir into singing more of the propers; they are simple and beautiful too. No need for you to apologize.
    Thanked by 1CHGiffen
  • Kathy
    You all are very kind. My concern is that some people might be making a successful transition to propers using this format, and I wouldn't want to hamper that transition! But again there are many options and hopefully something will work out.

Ok, break's over, back to work for Kathy...
    Thanked by 1CHGiffen
  • CHGiffenCHGiffen
    Holler if you need anything from my end, Kathy. Blessings for the coming Holy Week and Easter...
    Thanked by 1Kathy
  • Sorry for the thread-mancy here, but I was wondering if there was a place where I could find a compilation of these texts. Are they being compiled or are you waiting until a whole cycle is completed? Thanks!
    Thanked by 1canadash