Weekday Propers
  • BenBen
    Other than for weekdays in Ordinary Time, SEP does not include weekday propers (OT weekdays are from the previous Sunday), which of course creates a problem if you want to sing the propers on weekdays. Since I don't have the resources, time or skill to translate the GR propers, I will be adapting the Missal antiphons to the music found in SEP for my own use cantoring on Fridays.

Since I am doing this, I'll also be posting them as I do them, similar to what Kevin Galie is doing with his weekday psalms project.

The propers I post will primarily be the ones for Friday, but I may throw in others on occasion. Since there's no offertory Missal antiphon, I'll be using the SEP antiphon from the previous Sunday, so won't be including the Offertory in the file.

If you'd like propers for a specific day, let me know. I can't guarantee I'll be able to do them, but there's a good chance I will be able to, if given enough time (probably a week or two).

If you have any typesetting/layout tips, also let me know. I'm still learning about the conventions for typesetting documents.

Please do let me know if you plan on using them. It would really keep me going and give me a lot of encouragement to know they are being used!
    Thanked by 1bgeorge77
  • BenBen
    [deleted post]
  • This would be especially helpful through the Octave of Easter, maybe to use the same tones each day.
    Btw, what program are you using to create these? They look very nice!

God reward you!
  • BenBen
    I might try to do the Easter octave today or during holy week, since I'll be using many of them myself at my parish. I'll also now be using english translations of the Graduale Romanum ferial propers, since those are the ideal texts for sung propers. However, I'll probably be using the modes from the GR for each day.

I use the Illuminare Score Editor to create the scores, then Scribus to create the final files.
  • BenBen
    Not sure how much time I'll have this week to finish, but in case I don't get around to finishing it, here are the daily propers for the octave from the Graduale Romanum (Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday of the Octave).

I've included citations for the ones that are found in SEP, and music for the ones that are not.

Hopefully, I'll be able to finish this sometime early this week, since I'll need them at my own parish!

Propers for Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday of the Easter Octave

[edit: I was having some server trouble earlier. If you tried earlier and it didn't load, the link is now working.]

[edit: the file above now includes the entire octave]