Holy Thursday : Let All Mortal Flesh : Spanish Translation?
  • francis
    I can't bear the thought of singing Pan De Vida or I Am the Bread of Life again. Does anyone have a good Spanish Translation of a text appropriate for Holy Thursday that fits the tune for Let All Mortal Flesh Keep Silence so we can sing alternating Eng Span verses?

I didn't make clear, that I am looking for text appropriate to Holy Thursday for both Eng and Span. Could also use another very familiar hymn tune, something very simple and reverent.

Desperate
  • Holy Week's long gone, but here's my comment: why sing something to a French folk carol tune in Spanish during Holy Week? Why not something really Spanish, Latin American, or Mexican? Or use a Latin chant tune in either the Latin original or a Spanish version [e.g. Adoro te devote].
    The misalettes in Spanish in the U.S. [Paluch/WLP and OCP] include Spanish language hymns, many of which are very good. Tunes and texts from Mexico or Puerto Rico, even Spain are usually better than those by U.S. composers/authors.

FYI "Pan de Vida" is an original Spanish hymn tune and text, from Spain.
    "Bread of Life" is a U.S. tune and text.

Francisca

Here's a link to a good source of Spanish language tunes and texts available in the U.S:
  • francis
    because i am multicultural and i like mixing french tunes with spanish text
  • francis
    i wound up using a couple of nice hymns in the wlp missalete