Holy Thursday foot-washing antiphons (Latin) in their psalm tones?
  • Our (small) parish is having a couple of inexperienced cantors for Holy Thursday, and our DM is looking for the antiphons at the foot-washing with their verses, set to the psalm tones of the verses. Does anyone know if this is available before I go ahead and do it for him? For instance, is this what is in the Graduale Simplex? (Neither of us owns a copy of GS.)
  • In the G.S., the refrain is Mandatum Novum Do Vobis, along with verses of psalm 118 (I think) set to psalm tones. I believe that the tune of Mandatum Novum is the same as in the Grad. Rom., but the Grad. Rom. doesn't have the psalm verses. If you have the Grad. Rom., the singers can start to learn the refrain at least.
  • I believe Aristotle Esguerra has set these.
  • @Ioannes: I neglected to say that this is for the EF. In the EF there are 8 antiphons, with Ubi caritas the final and obligatory one; each of the first seven have a psalm verse in a psalm tone, then the antiphon is repeated, then one goes on the next one.

@SanAntonioCath: Thank you, but I had already searched Aris' site and here, and only found the English versions.
  • Then the Graduale Simplex isn't at all what you want.