What Music do you guys use at a Mass of Religious Profession
  • Hi,

I am supposed to be coming up with some suggestions for a Mass of Religious Profession and I have no idea of what to suggest. Any suggestions out there would be most helpful.

God Bless.
    AS
  • chonakchonak
    The rite includes the Litany of the Saints, so you can propose to chant that.

And perhaps Vaughan Williams' "O how amiable" would be suited to a religious profession.
  • Protasius
    The Cantuale Romano-Seraphicum suggests "Jam non dicam vos servos" for priestly ordinations.
  • WGS
    Here is a "Psalm for a First Mass or Anniversary" that I have used. It's a series of appropriate lines from scripture sung in English to a psalm tone. Following each line of scripture, is a fauxbourdon response of "Thou art a priest forever, according to the order of Melchisedech."

Originally, the setting of the fauxbourdon was for TTBB, but Father Skeris graciously transcribed it for me as SATB.
  • chonakchonak
    Can you tell us what community is involved, to indicate whether it is a men's or women's community, whether it is contemplative, missionary, mendicant, etc.?