Colloquium practical point
  • Jeffrey TuckerJeffrey Tucker
    The dorms at Loyola are very impressive and most all needs are provided. however: you might think of bringing a small travel iron. That's the only thing I really missed.
  • incantuincantu
    I'm guessing this will only apply to those who own an iron in the first place.
  • OlbashOlbash
    What's an iron?
  • OlbashOlbash
    Seriously, though, how are the beds? I just got back from a staff retreat at a nearby abbey and was reminded of how dreadful the quasi-mattresses were at CUA in DC. (The abbey ones weren't much better.) Would you recommend bringing any extra foam or air mattress or anything?
  • IanWIanW
    Jeffrey,

I'm seriously impressed.

Ian.
  • francis
    Ian.

Don't forget your pencil!
    Oh we have custom pencils.

And, listen, this place is fab. The beds are great. I could move in and be very happy. It is fantastic actually.

Did I mention the dress code of coats and ties all day every day?

KIDDING!!!!!!!!
  • IanWIanW
    Francis,

Alas, I can't afford the Colloquium and Spode, and as Spode's only the other side of the county, rather than the pond ...

Also, we have a far more relaxed dress code.

Ian.
    The people at the Chant Intensive said that it was so great that they would have gladly paid 4 times as much for it.

So NOW you tell us!
  • That would be hand-tied, bowed ties, correct? ;-p
  • Bow ties rule!
    Anyone can wear a Windsor-knotted scapular.
  • G
    I'd do it again just for the pencils....

Seriously, it was magnificent.
    Scott's a genius.
    You're all brilliant. Himself is sick of hearing me gush about the whole experience. I can't wait until next year. Heck, I can't wait until Monday.
    (Mary Jane, I still start bouncing up and down like a kid waiting to open Christmas presents everytime I even THINK about singing the Christus Vincit.... I should be slapped.)

(Save the Liturgy, save the World)
  • mjballoumjballou
    I'm literally green with envy when I think of next week. Consequently, G - you have my permission to sing twice as beautifully because you'll be singing for me as well.
    Mary Jane, you should hop on a plane and get back to where you belong in Chicago!!
  • mjballoumjballou
    Wish I could. However, as a special treat, I've added the Christus Vincit to the Mass recording. While it's more thrilling live, the piece has such a lovely triumphalist feel.

And next year I'll just sign up for everything.
  • kelly
    Sadly, no clothes hangers in the closets at St. Louis Hall. I've got my clothes laid out on the beds and draped over closet rods. Other than that, no complaints.
    Hmmm, pick up some in Regis! They have boxes full of them.
  • G
    What are clothes hangers? Herself asks, sorting through a pile of crumpled garments on the floor to find something suitable for the days activities.....

(Save the Liturgy, Save the World)