Chant, polyphony, and liturgy expert looking for position in NY area
  • Cantate
    I will be relocating to the Northeast sometime in the next 15 months (basically anytime after June and I'm available) and am looking for a position that would preferably close to New York City....being IN the city is certainly no requirement. I'd be willing to go as far as a couple of hours outside the city. I have 10 years of experience in parish work, 5 of which are full time. I also have several years of diocesan level work. I specialize in plainsong and sacred polyphony (particularly the work of William Byrd). I've primarily built programs from the ground up, but I'd be more than happy to walk into something established and build on what's already there. Most important to me is a pastor who is supportive and has a desire to work towards the Reform of the Reform, particularly implementing (or continuing) Gregorian Chant propers.

Salary is very negotiable. I just want to be able to pay my bills. No kids, no wife, but degrees in music and theology....and the seemingly eternal bond between musician and student loan debt. :-)

I run a very successful program that I built from the ground up at this time. For obvious reasons I can't share it publicly. However, please respond to this post if you're parish is looking for someone like myself, or if you might know of one that is, and I will happily forward you my resume and bio.

God Bless!

Cantate