SEP for Presentation of the Lord
  • I am here to issue a plea for help. Would it be possible to post a You Tube recording of the SEP for the Presentation of the Lord? It would be most helpful. Thank you, in advance, and God bless you!
  • This is a major plea for help. The chants are not posted on YouTube and I need help!!!!!!
  • The first option for the introit is the same as the 14th Sunday in Ordinary Time; the second option is the same as the Epiphany.

Unfortunately, there are no repeated uses of the offertory and communion. But I at least gave you a start!
    Thanked by 1benedictgal
  • Thank you!!! I suppose I will have to wing it for Communion.
  • ryandryand
    benedictgal,

Why the desperate need for practice recordings?
    I recall someone saying they really couldn't read music much/at all, but don't remember if it was you.

If you really, really need it, I could at least plunk notes out so you can hear it.
    Not sure that I want to put out recordings of my singing quite yet. ;)
  • Thank you, ryand!

The reason I need the recordings is because I am barely learning how to read music. My parochial vicar just confirmed that I will be singing at the Mass tomorrow and he said to go ahead with the SEP. That is why I really need the help.

I have been singing the SEPs for the better part of seven months now and these have been well accepted. I practice them through the YouTube recordings. They are a godsend for me.
  • ryandryand
    Send me your email address. I'm recording it now.

PS, sorry that the accompaniments aren't out for this mass. Totally escaped me. I've got to start keeping up with the feast/solemnities!
  • ryandryand
    Never mind, I think I can attach it here.

Apologies for the key clicks. Rushed for time right now... laptop sitting on keyboard and no time to try again.

Hope this helps.
    Thanked by 1benedictgal
  • RagueneauRagueneau
    Benedict Gal,

I am afraid that during this first year of the SEP, the videos are slowly being created and posted — however, after this first year, the videos should be readily available. All this is "God-willing," of course.
    Thanked by 1benedictgal
  • JMO,

I did not mean to sound pushy. The videos help a lot because I can follow the notes as they are being sung and I can commit them to memory. I just want to do justice to them at Mass.
  • BenBen
    Thanked by 1benedictgal
  • Benedictgal, try this:

Copy this:

%%
    (c3)SIm(e)e(f)on(h) had(h) re(f)ceived(h) (,) a(h) rev(h)e(h)la(h)tion(h) from(h) the(h) Ho(hf)ly(h) Spi(ij)rit,(i.) (;)
    that(f) he(g) would(h) not(ii) see(hg) death(h) (,) be(h)fore(h) he(h) had(h) seen(h_) the(f) Lord's(gf) Mes(g)si(ef)ah.(e.) (::)

Into the box here:

illuminarepublications/gregorio

Then click "play score".

The rhythm is completely mechanistic, but you can at least learn the notes, and watch the score as it plays. This is a preview of some of the things you can expect to see coming soon!
    Thanked by 1benedictgal
  • Ryand, Ben and Adam, you guys are angels!!!! I hope I can do the SEPs justice.
  • It takes a village, indeed. to help me. You guys are wonderful. Adam. I am sorry I was so adamant about the tutorials, but. they do help mightily. In fact, I took my SEP book to Mass with me tonight and was humming the tunes to myself while tracing the notes with my finger. I do believe in the SEP and I want to practice what I promote, even if I am one of a couple of others who are chanting down here.