Excited about COLLOQUIUM
  • RagueneauRagueneau
    Dear friends,

Some of you attending the Colloquium might find THIS useful.

I have a real hard time navigating, so I have to spell everything out for myself.

Again, if it is useful, please indulge.
  • Chris
    Thanks, Jeff. This is helpful. I'm looking forward to meeing you and everyone else who is attending!
  • RagueneauRagueneau
    Thanks, Chris

Please check back at that site in like 2 days, because I am adding a lot

I look forward to meeting you all !!!
  • Fired up!
    Ready to go!
  • That reminds me, is anyone else getting into Chicago MIDWAY around 10:30 am on Monday the 16th? I wouldn't mind sharing a cab. Of course if anyone already at Loyola wants to be a good Samaritan, I'm sure plenty of us would not mind a ride from the airport! Just a thought :)

Mike
  • AOZ
    Looks great Jeff. I've just pulled my head out of the sand of Colloquium details (its been there for days, weeks, months). Anyway, the point is I just NOW updated the schedule with room numbers, locations, more details than anyone would want to know.

Take a look
  • Jan
    Thanks for the info Jeff. Very helpful. I look forward to meeting you!
  • RagueneauRagueneau
    Hi, Jan! Right back at you.

Arlene, THANK YOU for all the hard work.

I just integrated the new information you posted into THIS

I tried to get it all right, but if I made any mistakes, I hope people will let me know.
  • Jeff, the link (http://lalemantpolyphonic.org/CMAA/regisHALL.jpg) is not working.
  • RagueneauRagueneau
    Whoops! Now it does---thanks!
  • Jan
    I'll be coming in from Downtown Chicago on Monday morning. Anyone want to share a cab or have a car? I can share gas?

Jan
    email: JBLegend@aol.com

or post here ; )
  • Chris
    I'll happily share a cab ride with someone as well. I'm flying into O'Hare and landing (supposedly/hopefully) at 11:55am. Contact me here or at c_deibert AT yahoo DOT com .

Chris
  • G
    Thank you! I am so looking forward to meeting you all.
    Arlene, bless you for all your work, and all prayers and good wishes for your family.

(Save the Liturgy, Save the World)
  • Anyone arriving at Midway at Noon on Monday?
    Share a cab?
    A car?
    A limo?
  • don roy
    jeff
    how come you didnt submit anything for the reading session? I would have LOVED to sing some of your music!
  • RagueneauRagueneau
    Dear Don Roy,

Sorry to be so late in answering!

I actually don't compose anymore ---- I look at Lassus, Marenzio, Victoria....and I realize I can do nothing.
  • chonakchonak
    That's why I don't write that much prose any more on the net; instead I translate more worthwhile writings.
  • Jeffo demurs-
    I actually don't compose anymore ---- I look at Lassus, Marenzio, Victoria....and I realize I can do nothing.

JOKE ALERT!

Then we took a look at Gesualdo, and said "What the hey?" And took up our quills and leapt back into the fray!

Seriously, I was reminded by singing the Brudieu Requiem last summer that such gems are still out there waiting in obscurity to be polished and then revealed in the glory of God's inspiration. I also remember "discovering" the Gomolka Polish Psalter in grad school and having the same sort of "Ah Hah" moment when reading through his unique harmonic vocabulary.
    And now, as in then, we have the Kevin Allens....

(BTW, I've already copyrighted "Jeffo" so when everyone uses that publicly designating the prolific Mr. Ostrowski, I get a royalty of fruit pies!!!)