Sequences of Easter & Pentecost - Have they been done yet?
  • Hello all,

This is my first time in the forums an I'm looking for help. I've been assigned the task of finding the musical settings (in square notation) for the new English translations of the sequences. The nuns here (St. Cecilia's Abbey in the UK) have been told that they've been done and ICEL has published them in a supplement, but I can't find a reference to it anywhere. Does anyone have any information about this? Any help would really be appreciated, as the music needs to go out to a number of communities (mostly in the developing world) so they can begin to prepare for Easter.

Thanks to all.
  • I thought the sequences for the OF were in the Lectionary. Therefore, they were not affected by the revision of the Roman Missal.
  • Thanks for that. In that case, where can I find the plainchant (English) version. I think I remember seeing Veni Sancte Spiritus in an old GIA hymnal, but not the Easter sequence. We only deal in Latin here, so have little idea about English language resources.
  • BenBen
    I believe english sequences can be found in By Flowing Waters. Maybe Dr. Ford can drop in and post a PDF or two...