Mass settings from RSCM
  • BruceL
    Good morning!

Is anyone familiar with either of the newly-released settings of the Mass from RSCM? Do they plan on importing to the US? I am not in a position to use these now, but if possible, I'd love it if some English repertoire like these (and the MacMillan Masses) would get some traction here.

http://www.rscm.com/assets/info_resources/media/Archer_Ledger.pdf
  • Andrew Walker here, President of RSCM America (www.rscmamerica.org). Just checked one of the USA providers of RSCM materials, GIA. If you put in " mass rscm " in their search box, several items do come up. Not sure if they are what you are looking for, but there are some. Also, if you don't mind waiting a few extra days, ordering from the UK RSCM online shop (https://www.rscmshop.com/index.php#home) is also possible. For both these places, if you are a member of RSCM there is at least a 20 % discount. Affiliate membership is only $100 ($115 as of June 1) a year, info on joining can be found on the American website. Please contact me at my work email if you'd like further information as I would only visit this site if I received a Google Alert email. My address: andrew@stmichaelschurch.com
  • IanWIanW
    Bruce, I wouldn't go on the record suggesting a Glaswegian Catholic is English if I were you. But maybe you're a braver man than I? :-)
  • BruceL
    Gents, thanks very much: just got back from a weekend in NYC for Gerre Hancock's funeral...so very apropos that I received these replies from you while I was gone!

Thanks so much for this information. I hope that (and perhaps you might have some influence in this) GIA will promote the RSCM materials on an even footing with their own. I can't help but think this could raise the level of musical discourse in our Catholic parishes!

This is already much better news than, say, the two MacMillan Masses: Boosey & Hawkes has no plans to get these to the states through Hal Leonard, and the wait time for shipping from the UK is numbered in months rather than days. The phone representatives in the US I spoke to admitted this was unfortunate. Glad to hear RSCM is being more user-friendly!