Questions about Two-Parish Clusters
  • DougS
    For any of you working or worshiping in two-parish clusters, would you mind sharing:

1) The weekend Mass schedule (i.e., times and locations, you might simply say 5:15 PM Saturday at Parish A, 7:30 AM Sunday at Parish B, etc.)

2) If any weekend Mass regularly has no music (if so, please specify which)

Thank you very much for your input!
  • Hi Doug,
    We're in a four parish cluster. So, I coordinate three Masses (two choral, one cantored) in two of those myself, and a have a serious number of other "ensembles/choirs" in two languages. I'm just now instituting the coordination of forwarding their ordos to my office just for reference, not necessarily for review. There's about twenty Masses among the four over the weekend... so it's kinda "Yikes" all the time.
    Should the response of my leadership be very positive and cooperative (which I anticipate) I could forward stuff to you directly. There's no way to share that here.
    If we had a permanent, weekly thread that would re-cycle each Monday here, I'd be happy to post my ordos for the two choral Masses.
  • DougS
    Charles, thank you for the offer but my request is actually much simpler. Our parishes are doing a little saber rattling about reconfiguring the current 4-mass schedule and I'm just curious how others with (only) two locations handle it.

We currently have a 4:00 PM / 8:30 AM at Parish A and 5:45 PM / 11:00 AM at Parish B and we are looking at other possible choices (e.g., 3 on Sunday, 1 on Saturday).