Ordo Cantus Oficii?
  • Felipe Gasper
    Does anyone on here have access to the 1983 volume of Notitiæ?

This is the only source for the “blueprint” document for singing the Liturgy of the Hours in Gregorian chant.

Since the OCO isn’t available in book form, the original Notitiæ edition is the only one out there. Notitiæ is a difficult publication to find; the only library in Houston that has it only subscribed through 1977. Surprising, given that the Archdiocese of Galveston-Houston is, IIRC, the city’s fourth most populous local church.

Jeffrey, is there any chance this document could be posted in a PDF online?

I presume that the OCO was the source document for the chants in this volume.....?
  • Felipe Gasper
    Oh yeah, the complete citation:

Notitiæ 20 (1983) 244-47, 359-528.

As you can see, it’s not a short document....
  • Jeffrey TuckerJeffrey Tucker
    We'd post it in a punctum if we had a copy.
  • RobertRobert
    Coincidentally, tomorrow I'm heading to a local library with back-issues of Notitiae to look for just this. I promise to scan it and put it up here if my search is successful. I also plan to try to put together a cross-reference with the Liber Usualis, but that may take a while.

Oh, and if someone with a copy wants to put it up before tomorrow and save me a trip to the library, that'd be just fine!
  • Felipe Gasper
    Dear Robert,

Has anything come of your search?
  • RobertRobert
    Felipe,

Unfortunately the library is on summer hours now and was closed on Saturday!

I will try to make it there this week and post the results here.

- R.