News on the Flexible English Propers
  • Adam WoodAdam Wood
    The two or three of you who are interested in this project may have noticed that I missed the Third Sunday of Advent.
    And, with the Fourth Sunday of Advent being soon upon us, and no booklet forthcoming, the question might arise... what gives?

Well, I finished Advent 3 on Tuesday of this week (very helpful, right?), but have not had time to post it.
    Advent 4 is sort-of in-process, but will not be done in time to use it.
    (Anyone who really wants it for this weekend can email me and I will send a not-amazing, but workable edition).

The Four Sundays of Advent have taken a long time to put together, given the nature of the project (7 2-page spreads per week).
    And then I realized... Holy Cow! Christmas, all by itself, is 4 sets of propers.
    Which is a whole lot, particularly since I don't think anyone is yet using this resource.

So, my plan...

The fact that I have no user-base currently gives me some flexibility.
    I am SKIPPING AHEAD to Ordinary Time.

In the next week or two I will begin releasing booklets for this project that start from the Second (we know, the first) Sunday of Ordinary Time.
    This will give you all a chance to see the music a few weeks before you might plan to use it, which (I hope) will facilitate it's adoption.

This will also give me a chance to get a few weeks ahead during my Christmas vacation, so that I'm not scrambling quite so much, and maybe will have time to work on the Flexible English Propers website a little bit.

To stay up to date on Flexible English Propers news, please consider subscribing to our mailing list.