Anglican Ordinariate of ???
  • To those who may be interested to know: the Anglican Ordinariate of ?____ in the US will be formally erected and named on 1 January MMXII. We will not know its name until then, nor who the ordinary will be. Many of us do hope that the name will be unmistakably Anglican. The ordinary will be mitred, but if he is married he cannot be a bishop.
    We ask your prayers and good will for this gracious manifestation of true oecumenism. At the close of mass on that day solemn Te Deum will be sung with much swinging of thuribles in full circles and clouds of smoke.

And, I am ecstatic that the new translation has come into actual use. For the first time ever, I can go to a Roman rite mass and not feel angry and alienated (when not merely amused or befuddled) by the poor language. The new, of course, has its faults - some of them would be apparent to any young student of Latin. But it is so superior to what it has replaced that its not-quite-right moments pale in comparison to the pallid language we had until last week.

Please remember, if you would, the Anglican Ordinariate at mass on 1 January
  • IanWIanW
    *** Like ***
  • CHGiffenCHGiffen
    It has taken a long, long time, but at last we can truly sense and appreciate the significance of this approaching time for the Anglican Ordinariate. I couldn't be happier!
  • ghmus7
    Dear Jackson:
    All blessings to you from the Lord on this historic occasion. God is still in the church.