CMAA Classifieds in beta testing, etc.
  • admin-dev
    We are unaware of any other service on the Catholic internet that offers free classified advertising in any niche. With that in mind, the CMAA is pleased to announce that its very own free classified ad board is now open for beta testing:
    http://www.musicasacra.com/classifieds/

This classified ad board is region-sensitive by state and diocese. Non-Latin Rite eparchies within the United States are also represented.

During this testing phase we ask that you not widely publicize its availability. However, forum members - especially those with entries they wish to post - are encouraged to register and place listings. Please use this discussion thread to notify of any glitches and/or to suggest improvements to the service. While all reasonable suggestions will be considered, implementation time will vary by complexity of request, from a couple of hours to not at all. We hope to have a general rollout by Colloquium.

The "Job Listings" and "Positions Wanted" categories on this forum will most likely be suppressed and replaced with more extensive options - Employment Opportunities/Services Wanted and Employment Wanted/Services Available, respectively - in the classifieds section.
  • Jeffrey TuckerJeffrey Tucker
    Aristotle, I believe that this will prove to be your greatest innovation and contribution yet. Here is the future of Catholic economic organization.
  • Felipe Gasper
    Dear Aristotle,

Can this possibly use the same authentication as the forum? It seems like overkill to me to have two login/passwords....
  • Felipe,

It is possible, but for security purposes (and time constraints!) I decided against integrating authentication.

There was a similar discussion about integrating user/pass combinations between the main site and the forum back in November; I decided against it for the same reasons. If one application is compromised, better to have it self-contained.

(Those with greater technical/programming experience are welcome to contribute, by the way. I freely admit that my skills are somewhat stronger on the HTML/CSS side of the equation rather than the PHP/SQL side.)