Looking for particular devotional music...
  • agnusdei57
    Greetings! I am searching for a copy of Jan Nieland's "Indulgenced Prayer Songs." I am unsure of the publication date but it may have been the 1950's or early 60's. The two settings included: "Jesus, Meek and Humble of Heart" and "Angel of God." They were written for two equal voices with organ accompaniment. I am sure this collection is out-of-print. We sang them in high school seminary and I would love to have a copy. If anyone can help me, please feel free to send an e-mail: frjh57@hotmail.com

Thank you!
    Father Joseph
  • G
    i don't know those pieces, Fr Joseph, but I came across some Nieland music while browsing in the choir room off the chapel during a visit to St Joseph's College in Rensselaer (sp?) IN two years ago (I was very alert to the composer's name because we had just sung the Nieland "Magnificat" at my parish.)
    Someone in the college music department might be able to help you.

(Save the Liturgy, Save the World)
  • agnusdei57
    (Save the Liturgy, Save the World)
    THANK YOU for your reply! At least I now have a lead to follow. Although some of Nieland's music has very contemporary elements, I believe he was earnestly trying to compose it for the proper reasons. Thanks, again and God bless you!

Father Joseph