CommunionAntiphons.org
  • Looking for English settings of the Communion Proper? Come check out www.communionantiphons.org.

Set here are free downloadable antiphons with psalm tone verses, which can be used either a cappella or with the provided organ accompaniment.

All three liturgical years have been completed, and we are currently in the process of uploading practice recordings! Just tell your cantors to come to the site to look at the scores and listen to the recordings. It will save rehearsal time!

Advertising! More exclamation points!!!
  • Andrew, let me reiterate how useful these are! I have used several in my own parish, and I notice that the Philadephia Cathedral is using some as well. The compositions are solid, true to the texts, and even match the mode of the proper chant from the Graduale Romanum; all you need to do is find a motet in the same key/mode, and you have one, seemless and flexible piece of music for the Communion procession.

On Advent II, we are using your antiphon, with the proper chant chanted before it, and the Issac motet of the same text after it. One text, different music in the same key throughout the procession!

Good work!
  • Thanks, PGA!

I've done it a variety of ways, but I believe the most over-the-top is when, for Pentecost, I planned the proper chant, followed by my setting of the Antiphon, a SATB doxology (the Viadana setting I found here on the forums), repeated chant, and the Tournemire communio to finish. There was much Factus est Repente that day, all connected in the same mode. It worked.