Latin Mass in Ordinary Form
  • henry
    Two questions: is there an instruction from Rome that says it is desirable for each parish to have at least one Mass in Latin every Sunday and
    2) are there congregation cards (worship aids) for Latin Mass in the Ordinary Form?
    Thanks
  • JamJam
    for number 1, all I know is that the Catholic Church wants the faithful to know the ordinary in Latin. And of course you can make the argument that vernacular masses were originally intended for mission territories only. But I don't think there is any instruction specifically requiring or recommending a Latin Mass every Sunday (others will correct me if I am wrong)

for number 2: yes, these must exist. you can find one in the front of the Parish Book of Chant (PBC) actually, although that one might not be particularly easy to photocopy and print and share, but it would be entirely legal to do so if you wanted.
  • BGP
    Regarding the first one.....Cardinal Arinze made the comment a few years ago that every good size parish ought to have one, you can look it up to find out his actual words. it's not legislation.

Ignatius press has resources I think (OF latin/english booklets) there are others out there as well.
  • chonakchonak
    Here's a booklet I produced some time ago using LaTeX and gregorio. (PDF)
  • CHGiffenCHGiffen
    chonak, that is elegant, beautiful!