Pedestal mirror for organ
  • Hello dear friends,

Does anyone know 1) where I could locate a reasonably priced pedestal mirror for the organ? 2) What size, height
    and magnification is needed? Sears website has quite a few listed, but I am clueless about the specs.

Thanks for your time, and may Mary keep you.

Marie Kleiman
    St. Bernard's
    Dayton, Kentucky
  • Protasius
    At those organs I play that have a mirror to observe the liturgy, it is always a plane mirror (i. e. magnification 1 ;) ). The size is at about 15X30 cm.
  • francis
    i have sat at some that are 2 feet wide and i could see everything. that was on a tracker though. what kind of organ?
  • Francis, it is an old Wicks organ. The mirrors online were 7 or 8 inches round. I believe the magnif. was 5 to 7 x. Would that be enough?

Marie K
  • CharlesW
    Do you have any woodworkers in your congregation? They are not that hard to make.
  • francis
    try some first around town at different churches. best way to decide what you like.
  • THIS IS MY FINAL POST ON THIS TOPIC.

Gentlemen,

Thank you all for your input. I think you will get a chuckle from this development. Today I went to the loft at
    the beautiful Cathedral Basilica of the Assumption in Covington, KY to ask Greg Shaffer about the mirror he uses. He stated that it is an heirloom from one of our previous Bishops. It was his shaving mirror and works just fine!!!

God Bless all,

Marie Kleiman
  • francis
    thats funny

i will ask our bishop for an old mirror
  • CAnthonyCAnthony
    Here are some of the organ mirrors about the country. I especially send many organ mirrors to church organists during the year. We use two types of mirrors: The console mirror and special designs for built in console or pedestal design. See: www.organmirrors.com