R.Rice Responsorial Psalm revisions
  • For those of you who download my Responsorial Psalms from Chabanel, and especially for those who have purchased the PDF downloads from Lulu.com, I have finally done a comprehensive proof-read, and have made revisions to several of the psalms, which are available at RiceScores.com, down the page at
    "III. Responsorial Psalms". There I have links to four ZIP files containing revised psalms for Years A, B, C, and ABC.

While I am working on a revision and expansion of the complete edition, these revisions will address the most egregious (and embarrassing) textual errors in both download versions. Thanks for your interest, and your patience. Please contact me at canticnov@aol.com if you find other problems.

Also, if any of you have found a reliable electronic source for the RP texts of the current Lectionary, including weekdays, feasts, and commons, I would dearly love to know about it. Typing psalms over and over is a fine spiritual discipline, but I'm ready to trade it in for a little quality assurance and time management.
  • -b
    Richard, I am working now with a parish that wants better music, not ready for too much Latin, but that is the vision eventually. We have used your Responsorial Psalm settings since Advent I this year, with the verses chanted unaccompanied. Now I can't find some of the Sundays in OT with the unaccompanied verses online at Chabanel or anywhere, only the accompanied melodies. Having no luck at RiceScores.com or Lulu. Maybe I don't know how to find them there. Can't find the zip files you refer to above. Would purchase your collection if I can find it. Many thanks for all of your work in this area.
  • SalieriSalieri
    He has revised everything, and has put out two new volumes, both available on Lulu

English Chant for the Modern Roman Rite: Volume I (these are the Responsorial Psalms and Gospel Acclamations)

English Chant for the Modern Roman Rite: Volume II (Entrace, Offertory and Communion Chants)