Introducing the Lumen Christi Missal
  • This is revolutionary. This is completely rethinking the whole foundation of music at Mass.
  • francis
    This is the future of pew books.
  • CHGiffenCHGiffen
    It's a stellar achievement, Adam.
  • Sample contents are now posted.
  • incantuincantu
    Every Catholic who attends the OF Mass in the English speaking world should own this book. I can't wait to make it available to our parishioners.
  • BenBen
    Adam,

How much are you thinking they will cost?
  • Is this book hardcover or soft cover?
  • mwa
    @Joseph Michael
    the article at chant cafe says hard cover
  • Thank you all for your thoughts and comments here! Sorry for my delay in responding:

The cost and estimated date of publication is about to be announced. There is much that goes into determining these things, but we're almost there. The book is currently in preparation so there are still some unknowns.

This will be a dignified book worthy of the sacred liturgy. Hard bound with gold-embossed leather(ish) cover, three ribbons, stitch binding. It should hold up in a parish environment for ten years.

We are aiming as close as we can to the pricing structures of the current hymnal market, but this is much more than a hymnal, so there are other things that factor into the cost. Please watch for the announcement of price and pre-order in the coming weeks!

Again, thank you all for your kind words. This is a HUGE undertaking. I appreciate very much your support and prayers.
  • incantuincantu
    What I'm thinking is that I will first make these available to parishioners to purchase for their own personal use. Many have asked why we don't sing the psalm that is in our pew books, and I don't think they'd mind shelling out twenty bucks to have one. I'll also probably have a handful available to borrow during the Mass. After the first year, when it's time to replace our Breaking Breads, the pastor might be more open to putting them in every pew.