Victor Togni's "A Parish Mass"
  • Does anyone know where I can get a copy of Victor Togni's A Parish Mass? Also, does anyone know if it will be revised for use with the new translation?
  • Hi Joseph: My parish often uses the Kyrie from this setting. I'm not sure if it will be revised.

RE where to find it: Tongi's mass can be found in both the CBW and CBW II (Catholic Book of Worship I and II). I'm not sure if it is in the CBWIII (the latest version of Canada's official hymnal). If you don't have access to any of the CBW hymnals, let me know and I will contact CCCB to see if I can send you a scanned copy (I believe they may hold the copyright to the Tongi Parish Mass because his mass is not listed among specific copyrights in the hymnal).

Hope this helps,
    Mark
  • Hello again Joseph, I found this article about Victor Tongi's music: http://www.maxinethevenot.com/docs/Togni_TAOJan08.html

The article includes a discussion about "A Parish Mass", and it lists the copyright as:
    A Parish Mass, Victor Togni. Catholic Book of Worship II, copyright Conca can Inc., Ottawa, 1981. Distributed by Gordon V. Thompson Music.

Cheers,
    Mark
  • Paul_D
    I also have been hoping for a revivial of this excellent vernacular chant setting. Apparently a revision is in the works at St. Michael's Choir School, Toronto.
    Let's hope that it is published when complete.