The Euouae blog: New perspectives in Gregorian chant performance
  • incantuincantu
    I'd like to invite you to check out www.euouae.com for articles about the practical application of recent semiological research, performing from resources such as the Graduale Novum, and applying principles of Gregorian chant to the performance of Medieval and early Renaissance polyphony. You will also find recordings of the Euouae ensemble and information about upcoming performances. I'm hoping to fill a void -- a lacuna, if you will -- between those in the trenches of parish music and the ivory-tower dwelling scholarly researchers, as well as to provide information for chant and early polyphony directors who are interested in looking into new ways of performing those intimately related repertoires.

Comments welcomed, but be nice! :)
  • Heath
    Incantu, this looks wonderful! But it looks like you've had it up for a while . . . how dare you keep this from us! : )
  • yes!
  • incantuincantu
    Well, you didn't want me to post it here when there was just one article about centonization and an animated gif saying "under construction," did you?
  • DougS
    Speaking of centonization, after reading your piece I'm wondering what your thoughts are on the notion that there was simply a shared Gregorian musical language as opposed to true centonization at work.
  • I'm a fan of any blogster who knows the word "interrobang." Can't get the Notre Dame des Victoires audio clips to work however. What am I doing wrong?
  • Mark P.
    "Can't get the Notre Dame des Victoires audio clips to work however. What am I doing wrong?"

Do you have Windows Media Player installed?
  • incantuincantu
    @ Doug S -- That would be a great question to post in the comments section of my blog! :)

@ Randolpf -- The audio is hosted on box.net, and you're not alone in having trouble with it. I should maybe consider uploading everything to youtube, but it seems silly to me to go through all that effort for audio-only files. Suggestions from anyone?