Is Alleluia Mittat Vobis Dominus online as sheet music anywhere?
  • marajoymarajoy
    It's the Alleluia for the nuptial Mass for both the EF and OF. I'm surprised if it's actually not online as sheet music anywhere, other than the full GR or LU download, but I can't find it.
    Anyone care to correct me?
  • JDE
    Marajoy,

this is available from me, but I don't have access to it until I get home this evening. I will make a note to post it here then. I have it in ancient and modern notation. Which one do you want?
  • JDE
    The reason i have it is that we did an (almost-) all chant wedding last summer. I put the chants into modern notation because I had professional soloists who were excellent singers, but little experience with square notes, and I only had two hours of rehearsal with them.
  • CHGiffenCHGiffen
    It's in the Liber Usualis in the Nuptial Mass section ... p. 1289 of the 1961 editio ... in chant notation.
  • marajoymarajoy
    JDE- both would be excellent. I believe I'll have singers who will prefer one or the other. Thanks!

CHGiffen- thanks, but I need a more compact copy (eg, not the full Liber download!) to email to people.
  • BenBen
    Marajoy:

Hopefully, this is what you need. Both the neumes and modern notation on one sheet, so the singer can use either one, hopefully simplifying your life a little.

The music is from from the "regular" LU PDF and this version of the Liber.

Let me know if there's anything you want changed with it. I could also easily make a PDF like this with the rest of the nuptial Mass propers for you. Just let me know.

Thanks CHGiffen for the page number. I'm not very familiar with the Liber, so you got me pointed in the right direction.
  • JDE
    Mara,

here is my own modern-notes transcription of the Alleluia. The other is certainly sufficient, but this one was prepared for ease of reading, etc. etc.

I can also send you a recording of a very talented young soloist singing it with a quartet from the wedding itself. Someone who is an admin might be able to post the sound file for me if they think it would be instructive or helpful.
  • BenBen
    JDE,

Your modern note transcription is much better than the old MN liber. The liber is singable, but yours is much better.

Mind if I steal it (see attachment)?
  • JDE
    Ben,

feel free! Here are some of the other Nuptial propers as well.
  • JDE
    Also let me clarify: I was mixing up the Alleluias. This wedding was held on the last Saturday of Easter, and we also sang the Alleluia: Benedicat Vobis. That is the one with the talented young soloist. The "mittat vobis" is my own singing with two other singers.
  • marajoymarajoy
    Thanks so much!
    What about the introits (not graduals!) "Domine, refugium factus es nobis" and "Timete Dominum, omnes sancti eius" ?
  • marajoymarajoy
    or... I have never been able to do this, but does anyone know if it is easy/possible to take a pdf and isolate a single page from it and save that individually? (This is what I would like to be able to do with the Liber.)
  • BenBen
    Use this PDF virtual printer (or any virtual pdf printer). Open the liber PDF, then go to the print menu. Select the virtual printer, and then tell it to only "print" the pages you want. Then click print, a window will pop up, tell it where you want to save your new pdf file, and volia! You're done.
  • marajoymarajoy
    oh, wow, I can't believe I didn't think of that before! thanks!
  • marajoymarajoy
    ok, and lest anyone ever comes looking for the same question, since the 1974 GR isn't online (and the nuptial Mass isn't in the GM,) you can find the introits "Domine refugium" and "Timete Dominum" in the 1961 GR on pages 101 and 574 respectively. (They were not nuptial Mass propers prior to VII.)
  • BenB
    The Institute of Christ the King's sacred music page has all of the propers in chant notation written out very nicely, and arranged according to Sundays/feasts, etc of the EF. Here's the nuptial mass propers (you can print all or just one page):