Interesting looking, but beautiful sounding organ
  • miacoyne
    This is a beautiful sounding organ. Who makes this? Does anyone have it in your parish? (sorry, cannot hyperlink from my computer)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzZevbtu7as&feature=related
  • Can't help, but wow! I just had to turn back a grad student's practice outline for a comp question, and it was kind of depressing. (I am her tutor.) This was great.
  • WIKI:

Michael's Church underwent a thorough renovation in the 1980s. First, an exterior repair work was carried out in 1984-85. The decayed exterior brick work and the roof were completely rebuilt. Reconditioning of the interior was done in 1985-87. First the sacristy of the church was returned to its original condition. After this came the main body of the church and the staircase. The ceiling and the interior wall surfaces were carefully cleaned of grime of decades. The decorative designs were repaired and returned to their original paint finish or painted afresh. Floors were resurfaced with a new limestone finish. The acoustics of the church, which had proved a problem, was improved. In connection with this renovation work, a basic restoration of the 48 pipe mechanical organ made in Kangasala in 1965 was also done. The work was carried out by the organ builders Veikko Virtanen Ltd.

European organ builders are often able to create really innovative case designs like this, US churches seem to try to stay traditional in most cases.

Even auto designer's can get into the act: See Porsche's work here....click on the organ console pic for an enlarged view:

http://www.porsche-leipzig.com/en/porscheleipzig/porscheinleipzig/kulturelles.aspx
  • miacoyne
    Thanks for the info, Noel.

"US churches seem to try to stay traditional in most cases."

Good to hear that too :-)
  • CharlesW
    Nice instrument!
  • CHGiffenCHGiffen
    Fabulous sound, interesting look. Did anyone listen to "principal16" play the Toccata?
  • CharlesW
    Yes, I did. Good organist to be so young.
  • francis
    nice.