Suburban Pittsburgh Parish seeking SATB choral scholars
  • St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Parish in Carnegie, Pennsylvania is currently seeking four Choral Scholars (SATB) to serve as the core of the volunteer Traditional Choir, as well as sing occasionally as an independent ensemble, the Schola Cantorum. Literature will be drawn from the breadth of the Catholic-Christian tradition. Successful candidates will, preferably, be enrolled undergraduate or graduate students, and should possess the following:

· Availability for weekly rehearsals (Wednesdays, 7.00-9.00 PM), as well as one Mass per weekend, from September through May, dependent upon the Church calendar, including Christmas and Holy Week
    · Superior sight-singing skills
    · A strong, clear, vocal tone
    · A working knowledge of Roman Catholic liturgy
    · Familiarity with ecclesiastical Latin diction
    · Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.

These are stipended positions; opportunities for additional income, i.e. weddings, may be available. Carnegie is easily accessible from I-376, I-79, and by Pittsburgh Port Authority Transit. The parish is currently renovating its historic church built in 1880, and anticipates the arrival of a new organ built by Patrick Murphy & Associates next Spring. Interested parties should contact the Director of Music, Nicholas J. Will, at 412-276-1011 x 19, or nwill@consolidated.net for more information or to schedule an audition and interview.