Site to print hymns from
  • Greetings colleagues,

Does anyone know of a website from which we can print hymns for weekly programs? I'd be open to a pay or free site. Just looking for the best available.

Adam S.
  • GIA's Hymnprint.net is an okay place. It's incomplete, of course, but for most of the favorites it's pretty good. I don't know of any others.
  • Thanks Andrew. My only beef with them is their constant neutering of the texts. So, I was kinda hoping some musicology student had created something like cyberhymnal.org, but with tunes.
  • matthewjmatthewj
    I have a hymn net membership, so if you'd like to give me a hymn name or two that you might be worried about, I'd let you know what they offer.
  • Mark P.
    I really wish the "ICEL Resource Collection" (1981) of hymns in the public domain were available online. Marvelous collection of hymns. This is how I learned of "Hail Queen of Heav'n" to the traditional tune. Beautiful hymn with solid theology.
  • ghmus7
    You can use a scanner to put hymns into print.
  • Some of the ICEL made its way into the PBEH.

http://musicasacra.com/english-hymns-in-the-commons/

And 60+ hymns in The Catholic Choirbook Anthology 1 - some old, some new - free download at www.thecatholicchoirbook.com - all hymns and music in this book is either copyright free OR Creative Commons 3.0 so it can be copied and shared.
  • jpal
    My primary source has been hymnary.org which has an incredible wealth of material including unadulterated texts and historical information. There is a great deal on www.ccel.org as well, though their hymn tunes are more prone to musical typos.

Jon
  • Thank you all! Allow me to be more specific. I would love something along the lines of what is on the musicasacra site that Noel points out, but really need it to be melody only. Using two pages of a program on a hymnal to print all four parts is more than I can make happen.

Adam S.
  • The Finale files for PBEH are readily available, it would not take much work for someone to remove the lower staff and remove the alto layer!