More organ accompaniments for ICEL chants
  • The musicasacra webpage "Musical Settings of the Ordinary of the Mass" lists several resources under the heading "Organ Accompaniments for the ICEL Chants." Here are two more organ accompaniments, one for the new Missal's English Gloria, and one for the English Sanctus.
  • I just wanted to have something of mine standing in solidarity with my esteemed colleague in the Fresno Diocese.
    This accompanied version of the ICEL chant also puts a Latin ison (for a few soprano voices) above the unison chant.
    But again, to be in the company of Royce, side to side, is my esoteric but heartfelt intent.
  • chonakchonak
    Hi, all--

As JT has mentioned, I've been building that list of Mass settings resources on the MusicaSacra site, and I'd like to add more accompaniments to it.

However, there's a catch. At this point, I would rather not post links to forum pages like this very page, for a simple reason.

There is some sort of problem about the forum's attachment system, and many users (including myself) find it unreliable. We have trouble downloading attachments from the forum. If we're going to send the general public to look for sheet music on a website, I don't want to create a situation where half the users will have trouble downloading the PDFs. Therefore....

If you have some other web site where you publish your own sheet music for accompaniments or new Mass settings, please let me know. Thanks!
  • chonakchonak
    As one expedient: scribd.com is a free service for hosting document files, including PDFs. If you're looking for an easy hosting solution for a few documents, check it out; I've found it reliable and convenient.
  • Richard MixRichard Mix
    A reliable host sounds good, but keep looking: Using Safari on a Mac, I can catch a glimpse of pdf's before scribd unilaterally decides to 'optimize' my viewing experience and blanks the screen.
  • chonakchonak
    As Jeffrey has mentioned on The Chant Cafe, ICEL has made its own accompaniment offerings available (scroll down to The Order of Mass).
  • OlbashOlbash
    Charles, your harmonization screams to be adapted for handbells! :)
  • MO,
    Interesting observation the first draft was actually for my last year's 8th grade Bell choir. But this version is a sort of "component" among other original settings of the Introit and Responsorial for our 150th anniversary of founding, Sept. 8.
    I've been very happy with the "reverse" ison in the sopranos.
    Our diocesan TV station is broadcasting the Mass, so I plan on being able to share these new compositions online.

Richard, if you were encouraging me to host settings, could you drop me a line? Otherwise I was just joining my colleague's settings.
  • Heath
    Richard, it seems that your excellent site with all these resources is pretty hard to find from the musicasacra home site. *Can we make it easier to find for Joe Musician, looking for any help he can get?* I had to come back to this thread to find the link . . .
  • chonakchonak
    Thanks for pointing that out, Heath. On the home page, I just added a link to the Mass Ordinary resources (it's under the big letter-T graphic).

The same link was already on the "chant books" link list -- though I understand that may not an obvious place for everyone to look for it.
  • chonakchonak
    Done!