Gorgeous Website for teaching laity about the new Missal
  • If this post appears twice, I apologize. It didn’t pop up on the discussion board, and techno-klutz me may have messed it up.

I would like to echo Jeff’s comments on Chant Cafe on the unbelievably well-done page on implementation of the new Missal that has just been posted on the BostonArchdiocese webpage. I’m leaving off the link in case that is what prevented it from posting.

I logged on to recommend it myself. I stumbled across it last night, because I thought how-to videos might be a great idea, and discovered that Cardinal Sean (as well as the Irish Bishops) had gotten there. On YouTube, the videos only had about 600 hits, so musicasacra.com brought you the latest breaking news.

What I would like to suggest is that everyone support the good Cardinal and link that page and put it up everywhere they can, and, in particular, email it to as many people as they can.

Boston just redid its website, apparently in the last few days if my visits are any indication. It’s amazing.

LA is also redoing theirs. It’s a disaster.

The net effect (unless it was fixed this weekend) is to make the archdiocese a communications black hole. Last time I checked, for every parish it said, “This parish does not currently have a website.” In LA?? I’m not saying every parish website doesn’t work. I’m saying that as of last week the archdiocesan website was a disaster.

Archbishop Gomez is a very good man in a nearly impossible position doing a very good job, and so if you have any contacts in LA, it would support him immensely.

And it would confirm Cardinal Sean if everyone sent this everywhere they can. Nothing speaks like numbers, and it will help him in USCCB meetings to show that he did it the right way.
  • And I keep forgetting to add, my name is Kenneth
  • Good to know, but I don't have much to contribute other than having discovered somebody else's website. But I will attend to that the next time I log on.

Also, LA has gotten its act together this morning...if you want to contact the curia. I was looking at one parish website in one window and still getting an advisory that there was no website from the archdiocese, and that wasn't the parish I was lookign for--so they have a ways to go.

That's it from me for a while.