Need access to the latest edition of the preconciliar Pontificale Romanum
  • aldrich
    Does anyone have the chants for the dedication and consecration of churches? The melodies of the hymns of the editions (17th, and 18th century) that I can find on the Internet do not completely coincide with those I see in the Liber usualis. I really want to put together a chant book for the consecration and dedication of churches.
  • Protasius
    Why don't you use the chants of the Graduale Romanum or, if you have it at hand anyway, the Liber Usualis? They've been scanned by Musica Sacra.
    You can find a Pontificale Romanum here: http://laudatedominum.net/files/pontrom.pdf
  • aldrich
    I already have electronic copies of both books. The Consecranda only has the rubrics. While the Pontificale has the chants, these do not coincide with the ones found in the Liber. I could use the Liber in compiling what I want to compile, but it does not contain all the chants that are sung in dedication. That's why I'm looking for a copy of the latest preconciliar Pontificale containing chants.
  • aldrich, Desclée & Cie published a little book, perhaps in more than one edition, titled Prières et Cérémonies de la Consécration ou Dédicace d'Une Eglise selon le Pontifical Romain, copyright 1926, imprimatur 1946. It appears to have all the texts and chants for the dedication of a church. In the first half of the book, the texts, including rubrics, are in Latin. The second half provides a French translation of the first half. The Gregorian chants are presented «avec signes rythmiques». Here's a link to an Abe Books listing. (It isn't exactly what you asked for, but might help.)
  • JahazaJahaza
    There are two editions of the 1962 Pontificale in print: Pontificale Romanum. Reimpressio editionis iuxta typicam anno 1962 publici iuris factae, partibus praecedentis editionis ab illa omissis, introductione et tabulis aucta curantibus A. Ward & C. Johnson and Pontificale Romanum Editio Typica 1961- 1962; Manlio Sodi - Alessandro Toniolo.

Both are fairly inexepensive.